The services offered by SEHDA are extremely varied, but the one thing they all have in common is that they are designed to help support small business development in Mauritius.
Professional support and advice – We recognise that the first few months of a new business will usually determine its fate. Many businesses with great products or services fail to fulfill their potential because they were without support during the infancy stage. Very often it’s only the occasional word of guidance that is required, as it allows the business to learn from the vast range of experience possessed by our team of experts, and avoid some of the most commonly made errors in business.
However, if your business requires more extensive support then that is no problem at all. We cannot always guarantee our availability at a moments notice, but as long as you are able to provide plenty of advanced warning then we will be there for as long and in whatever capacity you require.
Skills development training – While we are able to provide a great deal of hands on support in the early stages of your business’ development, if it is to succeed in the long term then it is vital you you or members within your team acquire the core business skills required to manage a profitable and sustainable business. We can assist in achieving this through the provision of a range of training services, both online and offline, in almost all areas of business. Find out who we work with.
Duty free on raw materials – The training and support is priceless but sometimes what you really need to ensure your business stays afloat during those challenging early months is someone to make a real dent in your costs. Well that is exactly what SEHDA make possible through out duty free scheme on all raw materials.
Additional marketing and business consultancy – As your company becomes established your business plan may need to become a little more sophisticated. By providing a secondary level of advanced support, particularly with your sales and marketing strategies, SEHDA are able to propel your business towards fulfilling its full potential.
- Counseling both potential and existing entrepreneurs
- Assisting entrepreneurs to select a business idea that best suit them
- Facilitating the setting-up of small enterprises
- Guiding entrepreneurs to put up their Business Plan
- Helping entrepreneurs to identify problems and opportunities and appropriate
- Processing applications for exemption of Customs duty on machines and raw materials
- Aim at improving skills and knowledge of entrepreneurs in selected areas
- Entrepreneurship Development Programmes for potential entrepreneurs, including graduates
- Programmes relate to Management, Technical and Human Relations
- Programmes conducted by local specialists as well as foreign experts
- SEHDA Documentation Centre – Information service and Internet facilities
- Various books, guides, periodicals and reports are available
- Access to databases (Kompass, etc.)
- Awards are organised on an annual basis
- Export Awards
- Technology & Innovation Awards
- ICT Awards
- Awards aim at enhancing export, innovatory, technological and ICT capabilities of Small Enterprises
- Prizes and Prestige for best Small Enterprises
- Identifying best practices and communicating them to other Small Enterprises
- Allow local entrepreneurs to meet foreign businessmen and develop links
- Improving the terms of sourcing of raw materials, semi-finished goods and accessories
- Encouraging joint ventures – optimizing complementary resources and competences
- Marketing advice
- Marketing Plan Preparation
- Six sales outlets to enable handicraft operators to test, launch and market their products
- SSR International Airport
- Grand Baie
- Caudan / Port Louis Waterfront (2)
- Port Mathurin (Rodrigues) Airport
- Organisation of local trade fairs
- Skills development
- Technical advice
Find out who we work with.